Rivers ESC has an extremely experienced team of Outreach staff who work in primary and secondary schools throughout the area with children who are in danger of permanent exclusion. They are highly valued by the mainstream schools and have supported hundreds of children who have successfully completed their education in mainstream school.
Please see our pages for more information.
We aim to provide short term intervention to facilitate long term change.
By providing early intervention for pupils with emotional and behavioural difficulties and support for our colleagues in schools, we aim to reduce the need for fixed term and permanent exclusion.
Programmes of intervention are agreed between the Outreach staff and school. They include;
- One to one individual sessions with pupils developed around their needs to support improved self help strategies
- Work with pupils to support them with emotional difficulties, anger management, self esteem and friendship/relationship difficulties
- "Circle of Support" group work and class circle time
- Observation in class to inform outreach planning
- Behaviour Support agreements developed through assessment processes incorporating the completion of the Herts Behaviour questionnaire
- Parent interview/questionnaire/support and advice line
- Programme review