Half-Term 2: Autumn 2019
- Pupils took part in a Remembrance Day assembly. A First World War poem written by a local poet who also attended the assembly was read aloud.
- Pupils took part in a visit to Pizza Express in Hertford. Pupils were instructed by a cook from Pizza Express, prepared their own pizzas and ate in the restaurant afterwards.
- Pupils had an assembly and workshop as part of Black History Month. A visiting speaker told of his experiences regarding race; prejudice; integration and community.
- KS3 staff and pupils worked hard to create a beautiful Christmas lunch on Wednesday 18th December which we enjoyed together.
- On December 19th KS3 pupils took part in a visit from 'Wild Science', who brought a range of exotic animals to the centre.
- KS4 staff and pupils hosted elderly people’s Christmas Bingo morning on Friday 6th December. It was a very successful morning and we are all very proud of our pupils contributions.
- KS4 staff and pupils worked hard to create a beautiful Christmas lunch on Wednesday 11th December which we enjoyed together.
- The Year 10 Princes Trust Group had a successful cross curricular day at Southend beach investigating the effects of plastic waste.
- Pupils are participating in mock examinations for two weeks: 16th December and 20th December, and 7th January to 10th January 2020.
- KS4 Rivers Ambassadors have reviewed the lunch menu, break time offer and extracurricular programme and provided feedback to SLT. Ambassadors recommendations will commence in January 2020.
- The Gifted Charity will be start The Butterfly Programme with a group of KS4 girls in January 2020.
- Work continues on the new roof at KS4 centre.
- We are supporting one young person to achieve a GCSE in Polish.
- KS4 Pupil Progress Day will take place on Wednesday 22nd January. All subject teachers will provide feedback from Mock Examinations and targets for the summer examinations.
- All KS4 pupils will spend a week attending a work experience placement starting Monday 3rd February. If you require any further information about this, please ring the centre and speak with Colleen.
No news stories have been added to this category yet.